Opening Ceremony Guidelines
• If you would like to shoot at the Opening Ceremony, please register your interest at the Media Central Help Desk before Sunday, 8 May, at noon.
• Photographers will need to collect a special sticker from 14:00 at the Media Central Help Desk which must be displayed on their accreditation. Photographers must also wear their Invictus Games – Orlando 2016 bib during the ceremony.
• All photography equipment must go through an additional screening before entering Champion Stadium. The screening will be conducted by the U.S. Secret Service. Expedited screening and entry will begin at 17:00 and photographers should gather on the sidewalk between Champion Stadium and the HP Field House (there will be some bicycle racks with signage indicating where photographers should meet). All photographers must go through the screening before 19:00; photographers with equipment will not be able to enter Champion Stadium after 19:00.
• The pre-show begins at 19:30 and the ceremony itself begins at 20:00.
• All photographers will be able to shoot from elevated positions on the mezzanine level.
• No filming is allowed.
• There will be seats allocated to accredited members of the written press at the Opening Ceremony. Please register your interest at the Media Central Help Desk before Sunday, 8 May, at noon to avoid disappointment.
• If the demand for seats exceeds the number of seats available, we will have to allocate seats. A list of those who have been allocated a ticket will be available at Media Central after 14:00.
• Everyone who is selected to attend will receive a sticker from 14:00 from the Media Central Help Desk to put on their accreditation. You will not be able to enter the stadium for the ceremony without a sticker on your accreditation.
• No recording equipment will be allowed in the stadium. If non-rights holders are chosen to attend the ceremony, they cannot bring equipment into the stadium.
• The pre-show begins at 19:30 and the Ceremony itself begins at 20:00.